Takeoff’s death this week shocked the Hip-Hop community and now an autopsy report has revealed the 28-year-old Atlanta rapper’s cause of death.
The Harris County coroner’s office said in the Migos rapper’s autopsy that Takeoff died of “penetrating gunshot wounds of head and torso into arm.” They added that his body is ready for pick up by his family as well.
The shooter has not been identified yet and Houston Mayor Sylvester Turner is asking the public to come forward with any information on the shooter in order to bring justice to Takeoff and his family.
“We’re looking for anything to help us from there,” Sgt. Michael Arrington said at a press conference. “We want to find justice for [TakeOff’s] family. They’re going through a lot right now. And the only thing that we can do is hope that y’all reach out and assist us in any way to lead to evidence that will help us to apprehend and get charges and arrest on the person responsible for the death of TakeOff.”
Police Chief Troy Finner chimed in: “I just want to say something to our city, Houston, and every brother and sister in the neighborhoods. I’m calling you to action to step up. There were 40 people at least at this event, and people left, possibly out of fear.”
“Actually, one thing — and I want this to resonate with everybody. What if it was your brother? What if it was your son? You’d want somebody to step up. So please, step up. Get the information to us so we can bring some closure to this family who’s hurting right now.”
As previously reported, Takeoff was shot and killed in the early hours of November 1 after a private party at 810 Billiards & Bowling. An argument broke out and shots were fired from a minimum of two weapons. Takeoff, real name Kirshnik Khari Ball, was there with his fellow Migos rapper and uncle, Quavo.
Takeoff was pronounced dead at the scene. Quavo was unharmed.