In the midst of the Tupac Shakur murder trial, a heated disagreement arose as Duane “Keefe D” Davis accused prosecutors of continuously revealing his family’s addresses in public court proceedings.
Addressing the judge directly, Davis expressed that the disclosure has already led to issues at home, asserting that his family members are being endangered while he faces trial.
“They keep giving out my address. They broke in my house, vandalized my house, vandalized my wife’s car, you know what I’m saying? Because they keep giving out my address,” Davis told the court. He then claimed the problem had expanded beyond his own home. “Now, they done gave out my sister’s address. This stuff is wrong. They are wrong!”
Davis failed to produce evidence during the exchange to determine who was accountable for the alleged break-in or vandalism. His grievance focused on the way the prosecution managed his personal information and the consequences he perceives it has caused.
This moment momentarily drew attention away from the trial’s testimony, a case that has brought Davis’s past remarks and personal history into focus for an exceptionally broad public audience. The trial proceedings are being broadcasted from Clark County District Court as the state presents its case nearly three decades after Shakur’s death.
Keefe D Speaks Out About Ongoing Grievances
His frustration was compounded by the way he was treated during his time in prison.
“I get beat up by the cops, a guy attacked me in here, sent me to prison. It’s just wrong,” Davis told the judge. A prosecutor responded by suggesting the anger was rooted elsewhere, telling the court, “I think he’s upset because I’m prosecuting him for murder.”
Davis immediately rejected that explanation. “You’re endangering my family’s life,” he replied.
As the legal proceedings unfold, prosecutors continue building their case, asserting that Davis played a role in organizing the September 7, 1996 attack that resulted in Shakur’s death. Allegedly, the shooting was a response to Davis’ nephew, Orlando “Baby Lane” Anderson, being assaulted at the MGM Grand earlier that day.
While Davis is not charged with firing the fatal shots, prosecutors argue he procured the weapon and facilitated the assault from the white Cadillac that approached Shakur and Suge Knight on the Las Vegas Strip. Davis has entered a plea of not guilty.
A significant part of the prosecution’s argument hinges on Davis’s later statements about the incident, including interviews and his 2019 memoir. His defense maintains that these accounts were exaggerated and shouldn’t be taken as credible confessions.
The trial continues in Las Vegas, where Davis could face a life sentence if found guilty of murder with a deadly weapon aimed at benefiting or advancing a criminal gang.
Sieh dir diesen Beitrag auf Instagram an







